In the near future provision of fixed telephony services will be directed to maintenance of current subscriber base and provision of value-added services, development of which is supposed to be carried out firstly by replacing traditional telephony with IP-telephony. Beltelecom networks will be developed mainly on the base of IMS platform, the standards of which are basic for the majority of equipment manufacturers. Connection to IMS makes it possible to offer to subscribers first of all basic telephony services while installing telephone services in the house, which are also provided at public telecommunication networks but in this case with a wider spectrum. At the same time IMS solutions significantly expand opportunities of subscribers providing them expanded set of services including those which were impossible on the networks with circuits switching. On April 1, 2015 to the IMS platform connected more than 940 thousand subscribers of "Beltelecom".
Access nodes of almost all the technologies used on Beltelecom networks are connected to IMS platform.
At present connection of subscribers to the access nodes of the following technologies is carried out:
1. Nodes of new access network on the basis of GPON technology, constructed to provide telecommunication services to subscribers in a new house especially in urban areas as well as to switch subscribers of the existing access networks from ADSL-technology of broadband access to a new GPON technology for the improvement of quality of the provided telecommunication services. On April 1, 2015 to the GPON network connected to more than 355 thous. subscribers "Beltelecom".
2. Nodes of broadband access of DSLAM type, introduced for telecommunication services provision according to the projects of networks construction with the use of copper cables in order to efficiently use Beltelecom investments, injected in the constructed subscriber network. Subscriber capacity of DSLAM nodes can be used for the provision of the whole spectrum of VoIP telephony services and as the second telephone or instead of the existing number of electronic exchange.
3. Multiservice access nodes of MSAN type, connectedwith the use of analog interfaces (POTS). Usage of MSAN subscriber access technology makes it possible to maintain the technical possibility of basic telephony services provision when changing the analog terminal stations by using analog interfaces and maintaining existing “long” copper subscriber lines. Subscriber access nodes of MSAN type connected to IMS network are used firstly for modernization of existing telecommunication network by replacement of crossbar exchange and exchange of “Quanta” type.
In 2011 the connectionof Beltelecom subscribers in accordance with GPON technology began. This technology was tested at pilot zones with participation of different manufacturers and in 2013-2015 it will be the main access technology used on the networks of Beltelecom.
While connecting subscribers, the optical cable is laid directly to the places of installation of terminal subscriber equipment. Such technology will be used not only during construction of new access networks but also during renovation of the existing ones. During the construction of new fiber-optic distribution networks the main question is about installation of telephone services in new houses, especially in urban areas. The main objective of renovation of the existing access networks is, primarily, the necessity to improve quality and list of the provided services by switching the existing subscribers of broadband access (xDSL) to the new technology (xPON).
Usage of PON technology for the construction of subscriber access will first of all make it possible for Beltelecom to:
- provide a wide bandwidth;
- expand broadcasting opportunities;
- extend length of subscriber line up to 20 km, optimize distribution network and minimize its power consumption (using passive optical splitters);
- expand value-added services and increase the rates of traffic exchange data transmission according to subscribers’ needs;
- make the best use of optic fiber by connecting 32 subscriber devices to one GPON branch;
- unify the process of connection and service of subscribers with minimal usage of active equipment.